The purpose of this policy is to outline the most appropriate way for Meander Valley Community Radio to respond to complaints, and other comments from members of the public.
1. Meander Valley Community Radio acknowledges the right of our listeners, members and volunteers to comment and make complaints in writing concerning:
a. alleged non-compliance with both the licence conditions in the Act and the requirements outlined in the Codes,
b. program content, and
c. the general service provided to the community.
2. We broadcast at least one on-air announcement each week that contains information about the Codes and where listeners can get a copy.
3. Meander Valley Community Radio will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints, except where a complaint is clearly frivolous, without sufficient grounds or not
made in good faith.
4. Meander Valley Community Radio will ensure that:
a. complaints will be conscientiously considered, investigated if necessary and responded to substantively as soon as possible,
b. complaints will be responded to in writing within 60 days of receipt (as required in the Act, and the response will include a copy of the Codes,
c. complainants are advised in writing that they have the right to refer their complaint about a Code matter to ACMA provided they have first:
1. formally lodged their complaint with the licensee, and
2. received a substantive response from the licensee and are dissatisfied with this response or did not receive a response from the licensee within 60 days after
making the complaint.
5. A written complaint or response can be a letter, fax or email.
6. A responsible officer of the licensee will maintain a record of complaints and responses for a period of at least two years from the date of the complaint.
7. The record of complaints and responses will be made available to ACMA on request.
If you wish to lodge a complaint, please use the contact us page on this website and someone will be in touch to acknowledge receipt.